Castello di Nipozzano: The dark side of Sangiovese

by Francesco Annibali 04/03/17
569 |
|
Castello di Nipozzano, Chianti Rufina Nipozzano Riserva 2013

It could well be that Rufina is to the rest of Tuscany – the celebrated one with its red carpets and parties and foreign millionaires – what northern Piedmont is to the Langhe. Then again maybe not. On the back label of this very good Chianti Rufina Nipozzano is written: “Rufina: a timeless Tuscany” and we couldn’t agree more.

Frescobaldi is a supporting column of Italian wine and there can be no doubt on the fundamental role it has played. Rufina is The Dark Side of Sangiovese, an almost mountainous land of ‘cold’ and long-life wines that defy the imagination and people who really know wines drink these with great satisfaction.

Related Products

  Product Producer Date of publication Author Read
Nipozzano 2013
Chianti Rufina Riserva
Marchesi de Frescobaldi 04/03/17 Francesco Annibali Sangiovese makes up 75% of this wine the remaining 25% of which is a blend of Malvasia Nera, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon.  The wine ages for 24 months in barriques, which have been used two or...
Leggi tutto




Editorial of the week

  • Vintage Tunina

    by Daniele Cernilli 04/12/21

    Following the accord between Jermann and Antinori, it’s a pleasure to remember the birth of a...

Events

April 2021
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
·
·
·
·
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
23
24
25
26
27
28
30
·
https://shop.doctorwine.it/prodotti/libri/bollicine-italiane-by-doctorwine
https://www.erste-neue.it/it/media

Newsletter

Subscribe to the "DoctorWine" newsletter to receive updates and being kept informed.
Update Privacy Permissions (GDPR)

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

OUR SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNEL